Argal production centres feature certificates attesting to the highest standards of food safety and quality.
Food Safety Certificates:
- BRC Certificate (British Retail Certification) for the three plants: One of the most internationally widespread standards from the United Kingdom. It provides an efficient and dynamic system against food safety risks. It is accepted as a global reference protocol.
- IFS Certificate (International Food Standard) for the three plants: It is an international equivalent to the BRC standard and originates in Germany and France, although other countries such as Italy and Spain are adopting it. It provides an efficient and dynamic system against food safety risks. It is accepted as a global reference protocol.
- HACCP System: It is a systematic preventive process to ensure food safety, conducting hazard analyses and critical point controls.
Certificates of Quality and Products:
- ISO 9001:2008 (IQNET): It ensures that the activities of our company are focused on the satisfaction of our clients and that they are carried out systematically, with the monitoring of the indicators set up for the company to achieve its policy, purpose and philosophy. It provides a continuous improvement of processes, employee involvement and mutually beneficial relationships with our suppliers.
- TSG for Serrano ham and Serrano consortium: Indicates that our products are renowned for their composition and method of traditional production. And that they are also developed following a specific process that complies with the regulations in effect, giving our products a very characteristic look.
- HALAL Certificate: Our products conform to Islamic law, as well as to the current regulations in the country.
- ISO 14001 Certificate: It is an environmental management system that gives us the possibility to systematise in a simple way, the environmental issues that are generated in each of the activities carried out within the organisation. In addition, it promotes environmental protection and protection from pollution from the point of view of equilibrium with the socio-economic aspects. It is implemented at our plant in Fregenal de la Sierra (Badajoz).